Cultural Policy Revision
Since the last cultural policy (French only) was launched in 2010, the MRC des Collines-de-l'Outaouais is now beginning a process of revision.
The development of the cultural policy will take the form of a participatory process that will take into account the thoughts and comments of a variety of people who care about the evolution of arts and culture on the territory of the MRC des Collines-de-l'Outaouais.
This group will be representative of the different sectors likely to interact within the cultural field.
Since culture takes place in all spheres of the MRC, it is important to create links between culture and health; culture and education; culture, urban planning and land use; culture and digital technology; culture and the environment; culture and tourism; and culture and the economy.
The cultural policy is a political and public gesture of recognition of the importance of culture in the development of a community; it constitutes the pivot of the MRC's action strategy regarding the development of culture and communications, with a view to ensuring greater integration and better planning of activities in a perspective of improving the quality of life.
The elaboration of the new cultural policy for the MRC des Collines will involve a participatory process that will gather the ideas and comments of individuals who care about the evolution of arts and culture in the six municipalities of the MRC des Collines: Cantley, Chelsea, L'Ange-Gardien, La Pêche, Pontiac and Val-des-Monts.
You are invited to contribute to this process during one of the following public consultations:
- Wednesday, May 25, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Centre communautaire multifonctionnel de Cantley
- Thursday, May 26, 2:00 to 5:00 p.m., Centre Wakefield La Pêche
- Tuesday, May 31, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Zoom link will be sent to you 24 hours before the consultation.
In addition to the public consultations, we also invite you to complete a short survey. You can complete the survey at any time until June 3rd.
The consultations and survey are open to everyone. The more ideas, opinions, and thoughts we can gather, the better the policy and its actions will be!
The cultural policy serves to:
- Integrate culture into all of the MRC's concerns by promoting the definition of priorities, first within the cultural sectors, but also with regard to other sectors of intervention for which the MRC's assistance and resources are sought;
- Better define the cultural identity of the MRC;
- To define a long-term vision and better plan the services offered by the MRC in the multiple sectors of intervention of culture.
Culture Outaouais was mandated by the MRC des Collines to develop a cultural policy within the framework of the Fond d'appui au rayonnement des régions (FARR) of the Ministère des Affaires municipales et de l'Habitation. Culture Outaouais is collaborating with the network Les Arts et la Ville for the presentation of cultural clinics.
More details and information to come about these important meetings, follow the MRC des Collines Facebook page to be on the lookout for the latest news!