The Cultural Development Fund is made available through the Cultural Development Agreement between the MRC des Collines-de-l'Outaouais and the Ministry of Culture and Communications of the Government of Québec.
It aims to enrich the cultural offerings in the Gatineau Hills (Collines-de-l'Outaouais) region, including the seven municipalities: Cantley, Chelsea, La Pêche, L’Ange-Gardien, Notre-Dame-de-la-Salette, Pontiac and Val-des-Monts.
The goal of this fund is to ensure the implementation of the strategic orientations of the MRC Cultural Policy and the MRC Action Plan for Economy and Employment 2015-2020, as well as to implement the objectives of the Cultural Policy of Quebec.
Specifically, the objectives of the Cultural Development Fund are to:
- Increase awareness of the region's cultural and natural heritage;
- Support projects that help to develop the region's identity and sense of community;
- Encourage citizen participation and accessibility to arts, culture, and heritage;
- Promote cultural recreation activities;
- Contribute to the cultural vitality of the region by supporting diverse and innovative projects;
- Encourage ressource sharing;
- Help to showcase cultural organizations at the local and regional level.